Beyond innovation - Mobile Websites that work!
A recent study claimed that in South Africa alone; 47 million people have access to a cell phone.
The way consumers receive and perceive communication, advertising and marketing has completely evolved!
Clearly, from a Strategic Marketing and Website perspective within the new digital world; we will be bold enough to say that no marketing initiative or message released should not include mobile as a medium!
With the ongoing and fast evolution of technology; more and more users have smart phones and are expecting websites to be mobile friendly.
What Customers want…
Another interesting study showed that nearly 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly website; and also that 96% of consumers say they have encountered websites that were clearly not designed for mobile divices.
Evidently this is a problem considering that more and more of the consumer base is expecting mobile friendly website and on the other hand; also a huge opportunity for companies to give their customers what they want and thus more effectively engage with their mobile users.
We have moved way passed web access simply via fixed line on a laptop or desktop computer.
According to the International Telecommunication Union, the growth rate of smart-phone and tablet users show that people are accessing the internet “on the go” and they predict that connecting via mobile devices will exceed static web access in less than five years.
Not sure what a Mobile Website is?
The Mobile Web refers to access to the world wide web, in other words the use of browser-based Internet services from a handheld mobile device, such as a smart phone, a feature phone or a tablet computer; connected to a mobile network or other wireless network.
The shift to mobile Web access has been accelerating dramatically since 2007.
Why you should seriously consider making your website mobile friendly:
The Ten21 team are fully equipped and experienced in making your website mobile friendly.
Consider these fascinating statistics and what it clearly indicates:
- 74% of people say that when they visited a mobile-friendly site, they are more likely to return to that site in the future
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they're more likely to buy a site's product or service
Why? Because it is easy and it is “on the go” – anywhere, anytime!
Clearly, mobile-friendly sites turn users into customers.
These statistics show that the fastest path to mobile customers is through a mobile-friendly site; and that users are more likely to make a purchase if your site offers a great mobile experience.
Consider the downside:
- 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when they get to a site that's not mobile-friendly
- 36% say they feel like they've wasted their time by visiting those sites
- 52% of users say that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company
- 48% say that if a site didn't work well on their smart-phones, it made them feel like the company didn't care about their business
No doubt that not having a Mobi-friendly website can damage a company’s reputation with the new generation of consumer. Turns out that with a bad mobile experience you can lose more than a sale since negative reactions from mobile users seem to translate directly to the brand!
- 61% of users say that if they didn't find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site, they'd quickly move on to another site
- 79% of people who don't like what they find on one site will go back and search for another site
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website is not mobile-friendly
This clearly means that your competitors are benefiting if you are not mobile friendly!
A functional and user-friendly mobile site experience is becoming increasingly important, and users will keep looking for a mobile-friendly site until they find one that works for them.
Research confirms what we already suspected - that mobile users actively seek out and prefer to engage with mobile-friendly websites. It is also an eye opener to realize just how quickly users can change their attitude toward a company; and impact the bottom line negatively by not being Mobi-friendly.
Turn the negatives into a POSITIVE for you!
A Mobile site is not about making a few more sales from Mobile users, it is fast becoming an essential.
Get Mobi-friendly today and make mobile work for you and your business. Ensure that you have the critical component in place to nurture long lasting client relationships, gain new clients, strengthen your brand, stand out amongst your competitors and reap the benefits of a positive impact on your bottom line profits!